I feel like I’ve been writing about Abby so much (and she’s not even here yet!) that poor Aric has gotten the short end of the blogging stick. So here are some awesome things he’s been up to lately:
- His vocabulary has simply EXPLODED! I can’t even believe some of the sentences that come out of his mouth. Things like, “Mine Daddy picked-ed me up from Jody’s house.” “I help you vacuum, Momma!” “Oh no! The sun in my eyes! I shut my eyes.” “Mommy, come play downstairs with Aric.”
- He’s starting to respond to the TV. You know how every kids show these days breaks that 4th wall and asks kids questions? Aric’s answering them now! Like during Mickey Mouse Clubhouse he tells Mickey which Mouse-ka-tool he needs. And he’s usually right!
- Aric knows all his colors, shapes, letters, and animal sounds and he’s learning about same vs. different.
- He sings his ABCs pretty much all the time. Or twinkle twinkle. Or the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse theme song. Or Call Me, Maybe. He’s basically the singing-est babe in town.
- We have reached imaginative play! He pretends to be a kitty, puppy, or frog on the regular. He loves pretending to run from scary monsters (or BE the scary monster!).
- He wants to do everything Mom and Dad are doing. If we’re vacuuming, he wants in. If we’re eating anything remotely different than him, he needs it. If I’m painting, I’d best be getting him a brush because OMG THAT’S THE COOLEST THING EVAR! And it’s always started with a “I help you, Momma!” or “I eat Momma’s chips. Aric’s chips yukky.”
- We haven’t tried potty training again. He’s still very resistant, but he likes to sit on the potty when all the other kids a day care does. And he likes to report when his BFF poops on the potty. When you ask him if he pooped on the potty, he says, “No, Momma. Aric poops in his diaper.” As though I’m a complete idiot.
- The following conversation happened in the car the other day, leading me to think is this what I’m in for as a boy mom?
“Momma, Aric tooted.”
“Yeah, I tooted out of my mouth.”
“Honey, that’s a burp. You burp out of your mouth, and toots come out of your butt.” (Said while thinking at least I’m teaching him about bodily habits, right?)
“Yeah. Burps in my mouth, toots in my butt.”
- He’s just the cutest dang kid I’ve ever met: